This statement is made by us in light of the requirements of the data protection act 1998, and our responsibilities to you as a "data controller".
Your use of this website and your submission of any personal data to us shall constitute your consent to allow us to process your personal data in accordance with the terms of this notice.
For the purposes of this notice, "personal data" means any personal information (including sensitive personal data) that is capable of identifying you. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, fax number or e-mail address
Information which may be collected
Personal data may be requested by us, or voluntarily forwarded by you through one of several electronic mail hypertext links or contact forms, present in the body of this website.
Sensitive personal data
We shall not request, collect or process any personal data of a sensitive nature from you, without first obtaining your positive consent.
In order that we can monitor and improve this website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version, and the web site that you visited prior to our site. We may do this by way of a "cookie".
A cookie is an element of data that our website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie.
Any disablement of the cookies function may hinder some of the website functionality, for which we shall not be responsible.
Our use of your personal data
The personal data collected by us from you, may be utilised by us to:
* Process or qualify your enquiry or any request you have made for a quote.
* Provide ongoing support in relation to the service that we provide, which include without limitation, providing you with details regarding alternative suppliers.
* Notify you about enhancements to our services such as: functionality changes to the website, new services and special features, and offers or competitions we think you will find interesting.
* Contact you by mail, telephone, mobile telephone, email, text message, or any other reasonable method to market products and services and those of any third parties, including without limitation those relating to conservatories, windows, doors roofline and other home improvement products.
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
The personal data collected by us from you, will be disclosed to:
* You're chosen suppliers in order that they may respond to your enquiry or any request for a quote.
* third parties carefully selected by us, who may contact you by mail, telephone, mobile telephone, email, text message, or any other reasonable method to market their products and services, including without limitation those relating to conservatories, windows, doors roofline and other home improvement products.
We may also disclose information to legal and debt recovery representatives for debt collection and debt tracing purposes.
We may also disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
* confirm to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us;
* protect and defend our the rights or property;
* act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of other users
If you have submitted your personal data, and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your personal data for marketing purposes, you can choose to "opt-out".
To opt-out, please send an electronic mail headed "opt-out" to us at email@example.com
Sometimes we may need to transfer your personal data to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. If we do need to make such a transfer, then we shall put a contract in place so as to ensure that the personal data is adequately protected.
We always take appropriate measures to safeguard the personal data we hold from unauthorised access or improper use.
We have strict internal security notice with which our employees must comply as a condition of their employment with us.
Any enquiries regarding this notice must be directed in writing for the attention of our data protection compliance officer.
Under the data protection act 1998, you have the right to request details of your personal data held or processed by us.
Please send such requests in writing to the address above, marked for the attention of the data protection compliance officer. Any request must be accompanied by the statutory administration fee of £10.00.
If you believe that any information held by us is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete, you must write without delay to our data protection compliance officer, highlighting the corrective action to be taken. If any information is found to be incorrect, it shall be corrected promptly.